The importance of computer education has been widely recognized as a means to improve in today’s world. Information technology is a key component in the success of any country and the rate of a nation’s development is directly related to the quantity and quality of skills possessed by its people. The broader the spectrum, the higher the quality of skills, and growth towards a prosperous society. Thousands of educators have believed that computers are a tool for enhancing cognitive development in young children.
Unfortunately, there are very few number of primary schools where computer education is provided. First thing that puts behind computer literacy in primary schools is affordability of equipments in schools, teachers are not able to put in much towards computer education and skills enhancement as they have their regular academic courses to cover and lastly awareness for the importance of technology with education.
- Average Learning Achievement of the students is not satisfied
- Students are ignorant of computer education
- These children always keep themselves away from computer related discussions
- These children lose confidence and are prey to inferiority complex when they see the children of their same age is well knowledged about computer
- At this era of civilization when they gradually grow up and move to higher classes they are always left behind somewhere or the other
Wish Again Foundation is striving to bridge this gap by introducing computer course in primary schools and provide them the necessary basic learning of computer. Because today computer related technology is playing a decisive role in accessing information and learning is highly dependent on information and on linking to the world. Therefore the earlier a child is introduced to the use of computers, the better will he be prepared for coping with the demands of career later in life and the greater is the likelihood of a successful future. So, we believe improving and upgrading the learning of children along with academic education is one of the smartest investments one can make for our nation’s future.
- The main objective of the program is to provide computer education to the primary school students and focus on computer literacy
- Build their ability by providing computer training and through simple activities
- To install a computer in each school so that they can learn it with practical understanding
- Introduce courses according to the classes from class-1 to class-4
- Grow interest in children to qualify their understanding and test their knowledge
Outcomes of this program
- Improve the child’s academic achievement
- Bring about a positive change not only in their lives but in the society as a whole
- Improve efficiency in their activities and education with early development and learning
- Students proceeds towards their future without lacking behind the major component of generation
- Students are more likely to take on new challenges and broaden their capabilities if they are exposed to updated technology and their use